Recipe: Butterbeer!

Attention all Harry Potter geeks and nerds. As we are all aware, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has been released this past Friday. It was the best movie ever. I've never cried so much due to a movie. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to snag midnight premiere tickets in time, but fortunately, my 3 other friends and I managed to get tickets for the 2:45 AM showing. Am I insane? Yes. But was it worth it? Hell yes.

I don't want to give anything away for those who have not seen it yet, except for the fact that I openly pronounce it as the best movie of all... Just go see it for yourself :)

Anyway, I am sharing a butterbeer recipe with you! For those who are Potter clueless, butterbeer is a popular drink from the series that is served in the small town Hogsmeade (close to Hogwarts) in a restaurant called Three Broomsticks. As a forewarning, the recipe I am sharing is an easier one. I opted for this one because the official one was a bit more complicated and I wanted a drink I could whip up right away. For the official butterbeer recipe click here.

Butterbeer
Yields 2 servings.
- 2 glasses of cream soda
- 2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of confectionery sugar
-  2 tsp vanilla extract
- Wee bit of orange food coloring


Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl and chill int he fridge until cold. Serve and enjoy!


See how much easier that one was, hahaha. Butterbeer, the lazy way. I will definitely try the actual recipe one day though :)

Cheers!
Keri
x


No comments :

Post a Comment